I read a post on the easy taxi app from 7ajidudes blog back in Oct 2014 (here). I really liked the idea and remembered seeing it a while back when I was in Dubai. Well, I had a chance to use it twice during my recent visit and I find it super convenient, especially if you’re going to Dubai for a special event when you know it’s hard to find a cab.
It’s easy to install the app and register; booking a taxi is even easier! The app tracks the booked taxi, which is a nifty and expected feature.
Here are a few points to keep in mind:-
– the taxi driver always called me after he was booked just to confirm.
– you can add a specific message for the driver while booking
– he’s booked under your name (or the name you registered in the app) so no one else can snatch him in your time of need.
– the cab was never more than 5 mins away, despite traffic
– a normal taxi starting fare is 5 dirhams, an easy taxi starting fare is 8 dirhams
– rush hour is considered to be between 7 am and 10 am, so during these times the easy taxi starting fare is 12 dirhams
Give it a try next time you’re in Dubai. It’s handy and you’ll never know when you need it.
Note: feature and post images taken from easytaxi.com , no copyright infringement intended